Duration: 2 Days
Activity: Game Drive, Boat Cruise
Destinations: Lake Mburo National Park
This 2 Day Uganda Savannah Encounter Safari takes you to Lake Mburo National Park. The park is located in Kiruhura district in western Uganda. Lake Mburo National Park is the smallest of Uganda’s Savannah National parks and underlain by ancient metamorphic rocks which date back more than 500 million years. It is home to over 350 bird species, zebra, impala, eland, buffalo, oribi, leopard, hippo, hyena, topi and reed-buck.
This 2 Day Uganda Savannah Encounter Safari is most suitable for that adventurous person around Kampala or Mbarara. The safaris is meant for a traveler with limited time for leisure. During this 2 Day Uganda Savannah Encounter Safari you will enjoy spectacular Game drive or Safari Walk and a cozy boat Cruise.
- Day 01: Drive from Kampala or Mbarara to Lake Mburo – Boat Cruise.
- Day 02: Game Drive or Safari walk in Lake Mburo National Park – Drive back to Kampala or Mbarara
DAY 01: DRIVE FORM KAMPALA OR MBARARA TO LAKE MBURO – BOAT CRUISE
Greet with Driver/Guide, get trip briefing and drive to Lake Mburo National Park. Have lunch en’route or on arrival. Relax before enjoying your cozy two hour Boat Cruise. At this Boat Cruise, you stand chance to view a number of animals such as hippos, crocodiles, buffaloes as they drink water. See several water birds such as the African fish eagle and the rare African fin foot.
Dinner and Overnight at chosen Lodge/Hotel.
DAY 02: GAME DRIVE OR SAFARI WALK – TRANSFER TO KAMPALA/MBARARA
Have early morning breakfast. Driver/Guide will drive you to the park for a Game drive or Safari walk depending on Client preference.
Do a Game Drive in lake Mburo National Park. It is a scenic experience and enables you to view many animals with ease. Animals may include herds of buffaloes, zebras and impalas. You will see several birds also. Travelers interested in the Safari walk will see more less the same animals on foot. After your morning activity, have lunch at the Lodge or en’route back to Kampala.
END OF SAFARI
- Full board accommodation whilst on Safari in mentioned or chosen facilities at booking
- Private English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Ground transport in private 4WD Safari vehicle with pop-up roof for game viewing
- Airport airstrip transfers
- Entrance and ranger fees for the national parks.
- Detailed Uganda map
- Government Taxes-VAT and services charges relation to accommodation and included meals
- International flights
- Visa (USD $50)
- Gorilla/Chimpanzee permit
- Personal expenses (e.g. Laundry, telephone, beverages etc)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Optional tours
- Tips and any items of personal nature
Terms & conditions:
- The rates are in US dollars and subject to change.
- Availability of accommodation, permits and activities is not guaranteed until confirmation by your contact person of RAK Safaris. Permits are sold on ‘first come first serve’ basis.
- Should any of the included accommodations not be available, RAK Safaris reserves the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable accommodation, which might affect the final quoted price.
- Gorilla permits can only be secured after receiving the requested deposit.
- The chimp tracking may take place either in the morning or afternoon, depending on the availability of chimp permits.
- Please consult our general Safari Terms and Conditions for further clarification.